The Monster Who Ate Darkness
Shadow puppetry workshop
Workshop running time: 90 minutes or 2 hours
Recommended age: 6 years and upwards
Inspired by Joyce Dunbar’s book ‘The monster who ate darkness’ this shadow puppet workshop offers the opportunity to experience the wonderful world of shadows. Participants will explore light and dark to discover shadows and the possibilities of shadow play. They will gain an understanding of the properties of materials with regards to light and make their own shadow puppets.
- A space for the workshop to take place, that can be made dark. The space must be large enough to accommodate the group.
- Access to power.
- Access to the space 1 hour prior to the workshop start time to set up.
- 30 minutes at the end of the session to tidy away.
- 6 tables.
- Support from staff throughout the session.
- The workshop is designed for class sizes with a maximum of 30 participants in each session.
Follow the link to the Shadow workshop learning pack
To book the Monster Who Ate Darkness for your school or group contact the Education and Outreach team 01603 615 564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org